Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Does uptime make you happy? Do you think pagers should be silent and on-call shifts relaxing? Do robust monitoring systems bring a smile to your face?
Channel that into impact at Syllable. Touch millions of lives as we build tech that scales 10x then 10x and again.
Syllable is growing and seeks Senior Site Reliability Engineers with a passion for large, distributed, high-reliability systems to join us and improve life for millions of people.
What you’ll do:
As senior SRE you will own the monitoring, alerting, and overall availability of the Syllable production platform that automates healthcare networks. The tech stack here spans cloud services, high availability telephony and automation systems, knowledge and data systems, and more. Syllable builds tons of technology - we design, train and deploy custom AI for healthcare, build state-of-the-art speech recognition and audio processing, automate the phone and web for healthcare, and more. Availability, observability, and uptime are paramount to this effort. This SRE role is a unique opportunity to drive a core part of the Syllable system.
A Syllable SRE will
- Scale Syllable for the next 10x and 100x growth.
- Design, build, and maintain the comprehensive monitoring, alerting, disaster recovery and availability strategy for Syllable.
- Work closely with DevOps and other engineering groups to deliver high-availability cloud telephony and automation for healthcare.
- Have ownership over technical systems, make decisions about technology to build and use.
- Be a technical leader, mentor other engineers, make Syllable the best engineering organization possible.
- Build technology that is used by millions of people for healthcare.
Moving fast is part of our culture and that includes hiring. We provide updates within 24hrs of all interviews and can complete the entire process in just a few days.
- A history of managing high-availability cloud-based software products
- A passion for simple, robust architectures
- A strong desire to learn daily and have positive impact
- Significant experience building modern, highly-available, real-time cloud-based applications
- CS degree or equivalent experience
The Syllable team comprises healthcare and technology experts who are passionate about product design, engineering, and operational excellence. Our investors include OakHC/FT, Section 32 and Verily/Alphabet. We are lifelong learners, ending each day together with the question: “What did we learn today and what can we do better?” We show up with humility and a collaborative spirit every day, because we are tackling important yet challenging problems in healthcare that require talent and grit.
We offer our employees competitive salary and equity with the following additional benefits:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance comparable to major technology companies
- 100% reimbursed mental health benefit
- 15 vacation days plus company holidays
- Career coaching for every employee